Bethel Manor COVID-19 Response and Updates
Since our founding in 1949, Bethel Manor has been dedicated to providing the best care possible to elders in our community. Part of how we do that is by providing great caregivers and equipping them with the knowledge, tools, supplies, equipment, and help they need to carry out our mission. The other part of providing the best care to our residents is by doing what we can to protect them from illness such as COVID-19.
We currently know that the elderly and those with other medical conditions are at higher risk of having severe complications related to COVID-19, therefore this puts our residents at a much higher risk than the general population.
Interdisciplinary Task Force
- We have implemented an facility interdisciplinary COVID-19 task force that stays up to date and implements federal, state, and local guidance.
- This group keeps up to date on recommendations made by the CDC, CMS, ISDH, etc. and keeps in communication with local health systems, health departments, regional coalitions, and other pertinent agencies.
- We employee a full-time Infection Preventionist that provides oversight and training regarding infection control and prevention.
Resident Monitoring and Interventions
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has issued guidance for facilities to monitor residents for respiratory symptoms and take temperatures daily.
- We have increased resident hand hygiene by providing frequent reminders to wash or sanitize hands as well as assistance for those that need it.
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has recommended that nursing facility residents wear masks when out of their room or in close proximity to others, as they are able.
Employee Monitoring and Interventions
- Employees have their temperature checked and complete a screening form prior to starting their shift.
- Masks are worn by all employees during their shift.
- Additional education has been completed regarding COVID-19 and infection prevention practices.
- Environmental Services staff have increased sanitation rounds with an increase in the frequency of high-touch surfaces.
- UV-C sanitation lights have been added to HVAC system.
Family and friends are welcome to come visit their loved ones while they are staying with us.
- Visitors will be required to have a temperature check and complete a screening form upon entry to the facility.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been a close contact with someone that has tested positive for COVID-19 please postpone your visit.
- All visitors over the age of 2 must wear a mask during the duration of the visit.
- Visits must occur in the resident’s room or other designated visitation spaces. Visitors are not permitted in the dining room of the main facility.
Family and Resident Engagement
Sagely Activity and Engagement Application
Other Ways to Connect
- Follow us on Facebook or our website to see general facility updates.
- Feel free to call us at 812-425-8182 .